Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce
gluten free | moderate |
1- 3 lb. pork tenderloin butterflied and pounded to ¼ inch thick
1 c. baby spinach
1 c. mozzarella
1 T. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper
½ c. chicken stock
¼ c. white wine
1-10oz. pouch of Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Heat sauce according to package directions.
2. Set the pork tenderloin on a work surface, opening it like a book, with the cut side up. Season the inside of the pork tenderloin generously with salt and pepper.
3. Layer spinach over pork and top with cheese. Top with minced garlic and salt and pepper.
4. Roll up the pork tenderloin and tie it with kitchen twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals. Salt and pepper pork generously
5. Heat 1 T. of extra-virgin olive oil in a very large ovenproof skillet. Add the pork tenderloin and cook over moderately high heat until it is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer pork tenderloin to platter
6. Pour off any fat from the skillet and return it to high heat. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the pork tenderloin to the skillet and roast it in the oven for 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 145°. Transfer the pork tenderloin to a large cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
7. Cut corner of pouch and pour ½ of the sauce on serving platter.
8. Slice Pork in ½ inch slices and arrange on top of sauce.
9. Pour remaining sauce over top of pork and serve.