Your Family will think you cooked all day making these delicious meatballs and sauce!
- Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, Diced
- 2 cloves garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. grated Parmigiano
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 20 oz. package Marinara Sauce (cook according to package)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cook Marinara Sauce according to package
- Heat large pan with olive oil, add the onions.
- Salt onions and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes (The onions should be very soft and translusent)
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool
- In a large bowl combine the meats, eggs, Parmigiano, parsley and bread crumbs
- Add the cooled onion mixture and season generously with salt and mix well
- Add the water and mix (The mixture will be wet )
- Shape the meat into balls (a little large than golf ball)
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring to a medium-high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides
- Place them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- Pour Sauce into large serving bowl and add meatballs
Serve with your favorite pasta!
Place on Italian bread and top with mozzarella for a delicious hero (or sub, or wedge)