Pan Seared Scallops with Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce
dinner | easy | gluten free |
Pan seared scallops topped off with Amatriciana Sauce are an elegant yet easy dish that is perfect for special occasions or any day of the week, and can be prepared in under 10 minutes!
Serves 6 as a main or 18 as a starter
18 sea scallops
2 T. olive oil
1-10 oz. pouch Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce
1. Cook pouch according to package directions
2. Dry scallops with paper towel
3. Heat 1 T. oil in non-stick pan on medium high heat
4. Salt and pepper both sides of scallops; place half of them in pan and sear for 2 minutes, making sure not to move them around.
5. While scallops are cooking remove pouch, cut corner and pour some sauce onto serving platter
6. Turn scallops over and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from pan and place onto platter on top of sauce
7. Add remaining oil to pan and repeat steps 5 and 6
8. Top scallops with a dollop of sauce and serve.
Serve with risotto or over spinach for a delicious main course.