Frescobene’s Cioppino Stew
dinner | moderate | under 1 hour |
For a real showstopper, treat your family to this easy, yet gourmet tasting dish. Fresh seafood in a smooth velvety vodka sauce with just a hint of heat. This dish can be made with any one of our artisan sauces.
- 10 oz. pouch Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 2 1/2 c. clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb. cleaned and debearded mussels
- 1/2 lb. manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb. codfish, cut into two inch pieces
1. Add Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce, white wine and clam juice to a pot and let simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add clams and mussels to pot and cook covered until clams and mussels open, about 5 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and fish and simmer until both are cooked through, stirring gently and until clams and mussels are all open (about 5 minutes longer).* Serve with good crusty bread.
*Discard any clams or mussels that did not open.