Osso Buco with Frescobene Amatriciana sauce
dinner | easy |
4-6 Veal, Pork or Beef Shanks - 1 inch thick
1/4 c. each carrots and celery, chopped**
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 c. flour
1 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ c. chicken stock
¼ c. white wine
1-10oz. pouch Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Salt and pepper veal shanks and lightly flour on both sides (shake off excess flour). Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet and sauté carrots, celery and garlic for 5 minutes (making sure not to brown the garlic).
3. Place veal shanks (2 at a time) in pot and brown on each side (set aside until all shanks are browned).
4. Once all shanks are browned, add back to pot and add wine, chicken broth and Frescobene Amatriciana Sauce.
5. Place lid on skillet and bake in oven for 60-90 minutes (you'll know its ready when the meat pulls easily away from bone). The longer you leave it in the oven the more tender it will be.
This dish is delicious served over rice, mashed potatoes or polenta!
**Purchase pre-diced carrots and celery for even faster prep time!