1 -10 oz Frescobene Marinara or Amatriciana Sauce
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
6 T part skim ricotta cheese
6 oz part skim mozzeralla
olive oil non stick spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.1. Rinse and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
4. Combine shredded mozzarella cheese with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
5. Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and place it seam side down.
6. Carefully dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed).
7. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
9. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes.
10. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.