10oz. pouch Frescobene Marinara Sauce
2 medium zucchini
1 Cup ricotta
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzerella
- salt and pepper to tast
1. To make the noodles, slice two sides of each zucchini lengthwise to create two flat sides. Using a vegetable peeler, slice each zucchini into thin, flat planks
2. For the filling, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 2 tablespoons basil, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
3. To assemble the ravioli: lay two strips of zucchini noodles so that they overlap lengthwise. Lay two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips - you will end up with a "T" shape.
4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of the zucchini. Bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center, working one side at a time to create a little bundle.
5. Place the ravioli in the baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining zucchini and filling. Pour marinara around zucchini and top ravioli with mozzarella.
6. Bake until zucchini noodles are "al dente" and the cheese is melty and golden on top. 25-30 minutes.
7. Top with remaining basil and Parmesan before serving
**This dish is also delicious with all four sauces